Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Curio Folio: Minimmunologist

Who thought they would ever need a mini immunologist? If you ever saw the movies 'Fantastic Voyage' or 'Innerspace' then you know the concept of shrinking a person down and injecting them into a real-sized person's veins. I mean, its nuts. But the difference is that those were make-believe movies, while my Curio Folio is exclusively made up of real things, that actually happen in real life. Such is the mini-immunologist. It was another idea I had for a grant application, and to provide 'preliminary data' I made a protoype of the mini-immunologist, or minimmulogist for short. Upon injection into the veins of a participant, the minimmunologist located into the lymph nodes where it observed the immune response. Who better to do it than an immunologist? They even wore little blue latex gloves for sterility, as you see in this watercolour painting I made from my view into a microscope showing a lymphnode. How about a mini-neurologist to make you smarter? Or a mini-physio therapist to make you muscles stronger? The possibilities are endless!

Curio Folio: Minimmunologist, watercolor 6 x 7.5 cold press, 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment