A few years ago I got stuck in at the office working on grant applications, the blog was called Somebody let the Scientist out of the Office to howl at the moon. Today was somewhat similar, grant writing, office and a full moon. The first painting is just outside the building looking due south at the rising moon. Tea-coloured due to haze and atmospheric effects, the moon hung over a parking lot, and the commuter train went by.
Tea moon over campus, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026
Towards Sherbrooke and Decarie boulevard there is a KFC restaurant, I did a painting here last year from a different angle. Using artistic license I changed the sign to PJD and tried to make Colonel Sanders look a bit like me. I need to get glasses too, and some white hair is appearing, so it will come true eventually just need the goatee.PJD fried chicken, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026
Here you see the moon sitting over Chalet Bar-B-Q rotisserie on Sherbrooke near Decarie. It was a tricky painting, with several light sources popping against a purple and brown background. It was good to take my mind of science for a bit, but still more work to go on the grants.watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026



No comments:
Post a Comment