Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Bike Path Curve Blue Bin

On the way back from lunch I found a spot to stand under a tree, the tree had a red line across it which means it will be cut down eventually. To paint the bike path I applied the orange-yellow first (PO62 + PY154), then painted the purplish mix around it (PB60 + PR179 + PBr7). The asphalt had an almost metallic sheen to it, and a subtle granulation formed on the Strathmore Aquarius watercolour paper. Discontinued now, I've just about literally used up the last of the paper. As usual I wanted to include the blue bin, its a mix of phthalocyanine pigments blue and blue-green (PB15 and PG7). There is a better pigment to do that dark turquoise (PG16) but its not one that I normally carry on my palette and the aforementioned mixture is good enough to do the job.

Bike Path Curve Blue Bin, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, July 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment