Saturday, August 15, 2026

Turcot interchange: painting with grass

Its not what you might think, although, it looks like it. Actually, I got out to location in a bit of a rush and forgot to bring my paint brushes. The last time this happened I used a fork to paint a scene of the PERFORM Centre on campus in winter, and it turned out okay. This time, I saw some grass nearby, it was the kind of grass with bushy seed pods on top, so it kind of worked to smear paint on the paper. The other end of the grass provided sharper details. After some time I started to get the hang of it. At least the 'paint brushes' were bio-degradable. You can see some of the grass seeds up in the sky of the painting.  

Turcot interchange with grass, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment