Sunday, February 7, 2016

The End of Ego (High Tide)

I just finished posting a new blog on an old painting (Creation's creations). This one is a recent doodelism painting done from doodles done while I was paying attention at work-related meetings. When I doodle in a meeting the theme is that of escapism, which has a little bit to do with claustrophobia, agoraphobia, and snoreaphobia. Here, a character is surfing while holding a branch. A creature crawls upside down on the top of the painting suggesting an unseen ceiling. A sunken pirate ship sits on the bottom of the ocean over top of the city and sky. Welcome to doodleism!

Recently I have though a lot about where you are in life, and how you transition from receiving from other people (parents, teachers, family) to giving to other people (spouses, kids, students). As a scientist growing up it was all about me, but now it is all about something else that is not me. While I grappled with these thoughts of ego, this painting was the only way to express it. The end of ego signifies a transition. The fluid nature of this design represents transition. But who the heck really knows, it's abstract art after all...

22x30" Watercolour 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment