Sunday, December 30, 2018

Cape Cod, USA

This is another painting from the Cape Cod trip done about a decade ago. The scene is on the main street of the old part of town, I don't recall what the building was but it looks like a town hall or museum or something. There is a lot of detail in this very small painting, normally I would have simplified things but here you see the brick work detailing,  window frames, flag with stars and stripes, trees, shingles, etc. If I remember correctly there were some very large trees in the filed that obscured the view, and I had decided to edit them out to get the full building in the painting. I like how this painting pretty much captures the moment, the sun was just about to go down and this was probably the last painting of the day.
5 x 7" cold press Watercolour, ~2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment