Tuesday, November 9, 2021

NDG night

It seems that the pursuit of food was today's theme. I went to pick up the Lufa farms vegetables off the delivery truck that stops near Trenholme park. With paints in my shoulder bag I decided to take on this challenging scene. I painted under a strong amber lamp in the park. I liked the way the tree branches seemed to be embracing the eerie crescent moon. After painting sunflowers at night, I learned a lot about how you think the colours look versus how they actually look. Blue seems grey, yellow seems brighter than it is, and all the paint on your palette looks brown or black. It is helpful to memorize the order of your palette colours. It turned out quite good, the sky was a complex gradation of dark blue, warm brown, and purplish hues.

Trenholme park with Crescent moon Night, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, November 2021 (No. 2877)

No comments:

Post a Comment