Wednesday, March 2, 2022

World Inspired Landscapes: Denmark vii

 

I had a little surprise today, a book I ordered from the library arrived. The surprise was just because I forgot that I had ordered it! It was a travel book on Denmark by Eyewitness Travel, lavishly illustrated and filled with colour photos. The book confirmed what I already discovered, that Denmark has a flat and mostly unremarkable landscape. The book also explained how important the coast line is to the Danish, they go to great lengths to preserve its natural beauty. In the painting, you see a grassy field blowing in the sea breeze, a distant blue green horizon, and turquoise water. The colour of the water was more from my own memories of when I was actually in Denmark briefly. In the top left there is a group of beech trees, near a beach.

World Inspired Landscapes: Denmark version ii, watercolour 4.5 x 9" cold press, March 2022 (No. 2980)

No comments:

Post a Comment