Monday, June 26, 2023

Stones Unturned


Shortly after reading up on Klempt I did a quick colour study as seen above. The idea was to combine pastel colours with flashes of gold and some dark contrast elements. The painting seems upsidedown now that I look at it, but the signature and title were made at the time of painting it. Next, I did a more elaborate painting after Klempt including an attempt at a portrait. I called this painting stones unturned, after the old saying about not leaving any stones unturned when searching for something. With each artist I study there are new ideas and lessons to turn over, for example, Monet, Van Gogh, Hiroshige, Hokusai, and Maud Lewis were all recent influences. Sounds like the members of some kind of hippie folk band.

Stones Unturned, watercolour 9 x 12" watercolour paper, June 2023 (No. 3637a)

No comments:

Post a Comment