Friday, September 27, 2024

Last light on tree, dear diary

 

I've made a lot these paintings on the lunch break, just after work, on the way to a store, on the way back from a store, and other everyday circumstances. Of course, I bring my gear with me a lot of the time hoping to get an opportunity. On the weekends and vacation is when I can paint for longer amounts of time in selected locations. The daily paintings become 'dear diary' paintings. Like, today I worked late trying to catch up to a deadline, then just popped out of the office briefly to catch the last light on a tree as the rush hour traffic went on in the background. Then you get the idea of what it might have been like standing on West Broadway in NDG as the sun goes down. I re-read the old blogs too and its interesting to see what I was doing, and then look back and see how did that deadline actually go after all? 

Last light on tree, watercolour 6 x 7.5" cold press, September 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment