Sunday, September 15, 2024

Park Extension sidewalk scenes

Park extension is just to the east of TMR neighborhood across the train tracks, and goes all the way to park Jarry. Because there was a big bike race today around Mount Royal I had to walk my bike along sidewalks for sections of the ride, and then decided to ride home through Park Ex to avoid the mess of barriers and spectators. This is a typical food stand selling fried puff balls served with salty soup. I tired it last year and it was good, but now with the pills I try to avoid eating salt it makes me extra dehydrated. 

Yellow umbrella food stand, watercolour 6 x 7.5" cold press, September 2024

 

There was not much else on this street and it was time to get home, but this sign post was kind of interesting and gave me another opportunity to put my initials in the scene where the phone number was. This neighborhood has a lot more character than my paintings have conveyed. There is also one of the best wall murals in all of Montreal that I have seen, it is a woman surrounded by a variety of colourful, almost abstract fabrics, as if dancing. There are some great wall murals in Montreal that's for sure. And the restaurants here smelled amazing from the street.

Signs and buildings, watercolour 6 x 7.5" cold press, September 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment