Monday, March 9, 2020

Argentina, World Inspired Landscapes

Nowhere, inspired, time, space and imagination. No I haven't been drinking again, just trying my hand at poetry. This painting was inspired by Patagonia in southern Argentina from many views that I could find on the internet including Google maps. Then after some time I made this painting from memory and imagination using some of the new colours including pyrrole red (PR254) otherwise known as Ferrari red. There is also bloodstone genuine (Daniel Smith) which gives the brown/black appearance. For contrast I included yellow and green. The composition is inspired by Hiroshige a famous Japanese artist from the time of the 19th century who liked to use the birds eye view and a lot of overlapping elements to create depth. It turned out pretty nice for a small painting, there is more space represented here than meets the eye. Hey, nowhere did it say I had to follow all the rules.

I have been changing around the name of this series, they are landscapes inspired by the countries of the world based on a variety of sources and created from memory and imagination. 

3 x 11.5" cold press, watercolour, Feb/March 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment