Sunday, January 24, 2021

Car Wash, Heaps of Snow

 

Today there were heaps of fresh snow and a clear blue sky. The sun was shining, but it was -26℃ with windchill. I wanted to do this scene yesterday but it was too complicated and my water was freezing. With twice the amount of salt I could make washes and paint almost normally, it also has a slight sparkle now that it dried due to salt. To make this painting I took off my shell glove, and just wore the base glove- a thin insulated layer- but it was a mistake and my hands were very cold by the end of doing this one. Just a few touch ups were done in the home studio afterwards. There is actually another building on the background that rises above the other one but I omitted it for sake of size. Later I realized that my wood frame was blocking about 1 cm of the top. This painting really captures the heaps of snow everywhere, yo may not even notice that there is a car on the right mostly buried.

Maisonneuve Blvd. Lave Auto Heaps of Snow, 5 x 7.5" cold press, watercolour, January 2021 (No. 2543a)

No comments:

Post a Comment