Thursday, April 29, 2021

Plant Builder

 

Last year I made an entire series of so called palette cleansers which were free form abstract paintings. This is basically the same idea, I found an extra sheet in the portfolio and filled it up with leftover paint from my old palette that I used for the last 10 years. Unfortunately the winter weather was not kind to it, many cracks had formed in the plastic. In this painting I embellished a favorite theme, that is the contrast between nature and urbanity. The plant is seemingly building the wall in a role reversal. Today I simplified my new palette a little more, will make a post about soon. The weeks just whip by these days! I hope to get out and make some more paintings but the weather has been crummy.

Plant Builder 11 x 15" watercolour paper, watercolour, April 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment