Friday, August 25, 2023

Back from Québec City

I got back from the 5 day conference in Québec City and scanned one of the last paintings I completed on the trip. It shows part of a large flower garden on the Plaines d'Abraham, just down the street from the hotel le Concorde. The flowers in the foreground were in shadow, which I depicted with a purplish grey underpainting followed by colourful details. The mid and back grounds were very bright due to the strong sun. Quite a few people walked by and took a look as I painted, that was common due to all the tourists. I will scan and blog about the other paintings I did on the trip, about a dozen or so. And yes I attended the conference regularly, meeting other scientists and new people, and learning a lot of new things. Okay, I may have snuck out now and then to make a painting, but my supervisor was okay with that. I'm the supervisor!

Flower Garden on Plaines, watercolour 8 x 10" cold press, August 2023 (No. 3623)

No comments:

Post a Comment