Thursday, September 28, 2023

Grant Grunt

Spending time grant writing lately has impeded the art somewhat, but then again that's what scientists are supposed to do, see science vs. art. This quick painting sums it up, a figure stretched thin with head in clouds spews out pages of 'Best Science!' with dollar signs in their eyes. A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow awaits the winners. The majority of the painting was done using bone black (PBk9) and a touch of Prussian blue in the face of the character (PB27). I did the black and blue colour scheme awhile ago on location and quite enjoyed the challenge, but its not something I followed up on since I was exploring colour intensely in the past few years. I suddenly had the urge to try the colour scheme again, maybe it symbolizes the feelings of grant writing, being black and blue. Next time I go on location maybe I will paint some pictures of dumpsters and trash cans with a black and blue colour scheme, why not?

Grant Grunt, watercolour 9 x 12" watercolour paper, September 2023 (No. 3649a)

No comments:

Post a Comment