Friday, June 3, 2022

Blue Bin, Parc William-Hurst

 

For practice I have been doing black and blue paintings using just three paints, carbon black (PBk6), graphite grey (PBk11) and phthalo blue (PB15). It is quite a different experience to paint with just values and a splash of blue. Instead of concentrating on what colour things are, I concentrate on what value things are. On top of that the paint itself is unfamiliar, although I often used carbon black for outlines and mixtures. As a legitimate style it seems a little bland, but the purpose is challenge myself and hone my skill at value judgments and composition. All the same, it will be good to get back to painting in full colour especially with the two new yellow paints I blogged about int he last post.

Blue Bin, Parc William-Hurst, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, June 2022 (No. 3128a)

No comments:

Post a Comment