Friday, April 26, 2024

Girouard Exchange

After a tiring day in the office I rode home on the Maisonneuve path and kept riding until I reached the Giouard overpass. Looking northwards I could see the crazy Giouard exchange lanes which I know from driving here several times. If you are driving out of NDG onto the autoroute 15, you have to cross the oncoming lane based on a traffic light. Watching it from above seemed chaotic. The rest of the scene was a typical collage of brick, concrete and asphalt with the occasional tree sprinkled in. The traffic cones were done with pyrol orange (PO73), I like to call it Montreal orange. The sky is slightly different here, in MacEvoy's handprint.com there was a passage on sky colours, he pointed out that the shade of blue is different depending on the location of the sun. The sun (about to set on my left) was casting a more cyan pale glow, with a more blue on the right. The effect may just need to be a bit more subtle. Painting the blue sky is one of my favorite parts of the painting.

Girouard Exchange, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, April 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment