Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Beer Time! London Ontario

Left out in the parking lot, these are four large beer-brewing vessels waiting to be installed in the Labatt Brewery in London Ontario. There were actually eight of them but I had to edit a little to fit the giant 3 story tall kegs on a small piece of paper! I looked for this painting in the box of London paintings because I recently completed a painting of some compressed gas cylinders on Norman street Montreal and it reminded me of this. In comparison, the colour and texture in this early work is incredible, although I can see the shape of the kegs is a little off. I remember doing this painting, I read about the kegs being delivered in the newspaper and rode my bike all the way down there (I lived in the north part of London) to capture the scene. It was one of the toughest scenes I had taken up up to that point, other than the cathedrals in Spain. Here is another one I did on the same day of the back side of the Brewery....

Now this blog just reminded me of the beer truck I painted in Creemore in the 90's, I will dig that one up soon enough and make a blog.

5 x 7" cold press, watercolour (2000- 2003?)

No comments:

Post a Comment