Thursday, May 14, 2020

Craft Show, Bolton Ontario

August 10th 1996 was the day I did this painting! There are actually dates on these paintings done in the summer of 1996 which was the first summer that I was painting outdoor 'on location' paintings. My mom signed me up for an art show at the Bolton community arts and crafts fair on the South hill where I sat all day in the heat with my paintings on a small table. Mom was hanging around talking to people. I didn't sell anything that day although a few people came by and took a look. Instead I made a bunch of paintings, there are more than just these two. In retrospect I wasn't much of a salesman.
5 x 7" cold press, watercolour, 1996

Here is another one from the same day showing the tables, garbage cans, and trees in the background. The purple shadows are cool, I must have mixed french ultramarine blue and alizarin crimson. I also used aureolin yellow at the time, and viridian green. You can really feel the heat of the day! 5 x 7" cold press, watercolour, 1996


No comments:

Post a Comment