Sunday, November 22, 2020

Palette Cleanser #44 and Paintings Chart


This one looks a little like a fish jumping out of the water. I was trying out some combinations of neutrals juxtaposed with a few brighter colours which I noticed while reading through a Group of Seven art book. I also discovered that orange plus dark green produces a kind of brown that looks like cafe latte.

Just today I finished the catalogue spreadsheet, there are 2670 entries consisting of 2453 paintings. There are more entries than paintings because I often paint on the backs of old paintings, so some of them count for two items. Just for interest I made a chart of how many paintings I did each year since I started in 1989. The lowest was zero in 1990, the highest for quite some time was 228 in 1998, but the undisputed best year for painting was 2020, with 446 paintings and counting! Here is the chart, made with Open Office. You can click on it to see the details.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment