Saturday, November 7, 2020

World Inspired Landscapes, Bahamas


 

World inspired landscapes is a series of paintings that I started early in 2020. The original idea was to use google earth to make paintings, which other artists have been doing, in fact actual paintings are made from video game images now. In silico art? That term in silico is used in science to describe experiments that are done using computer simulations, so it could be used to describe art. I abandoned the use of copyrighted material after reading more about it, instead, I went for original designs inspired by a variety of sources. For the Bahamas I inspected google earth, and borrowed a travel book which was rich with information and pictures. The characteristic motifs were the beaches and sparkling turquoise water. I also learned that Bahamas consists of hundreds of islands and cays which are populated, and home to celebrities such as the late Sean Connery. He passed away recently in the Bahamas surrounded by family. One of my favorite actors, he played many roles including Marco Ramius from the movie Hunt for Red October. If you look closely at the painting I included the Red October submarine. At least red October is over... now it is blue November!

World Inspired Landscapes: Bahamas, 5.5 x 7.5" cold press, watercolour, November 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment