Monday, November 16, 2020

Colour Splash Technique, 2005


 Perhaps you can lend me a helping hand? It looks like the Incredible Hulk's hand. This painting was done using a technique that I developed in 2005, the year I moved to Montreal (again) and I wanted to try out a completely different style to mark the occasion. The way it worked was to add large wet blobs of paint to the paper and wait a day for it to dry. Then I would add some details to turn it into a scene. Helping Hand, 10 x 11" cold press, watercolour, 2005 (No. 1437)

Other examples are Dream Tree, The Idea is This, Fate of the World, and many more on the blog archives. Here are a few more I didn't get around to blogging about, done using the colour splash technique...



Colour Splash Bird, 6 x 8" cold press, watercolour, 2005 (No. 1442)

 


Colour Splash Forest, 15 x 22" cold press, watercolour, 2005 (No. 1941)

No comments:

Post a Comment