Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Fresh Snow on Campus

To kick off February I made a very quick painting of the fresh snow on campus that had fallen over the past few days. The tree and bench were featured in the painting Persian Woman Eating Lunch on Campus in the fall from the other direction. Although it was extremely cold this morning I was well dressed and actually felt overheated standing in the winter sun. The entire bottom part of the painting, save the shadows and my initials, is just the paper unpainted. The paint dried quite a bit lighter than it would normally, this is something that happens when the temperature gets to twenty below. We have another cold day coming up on Friday, so I can test the theory, and my winter clothes, once again.

Fresh Snow on Campus, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, February 2023 (No. 3394a)

No comments:

Post a Comment