Friday, April 7, 2023

Sun Earth Moon (Deep AI inspired)

Prior to the big ice storm I completed a series of abstract paintings, the first one based upon a computer-generated image from Deep AI using the abstract filter and keywords Sun Earth Moon. That was the name of an old painting I did in 1990 and I was curious to see what the computer did with the idea. In the painting, seen above, I made several adjustments over the computer image which you can see at the end of the blog. I separated the sun and earth, and recomposed some of the other elements. Instead of making it look like a computer image, the painting has lots of evidence that an artist did it, like visible brush strokes and little dots of paint here and there. It went better this way, by considering this kind of art as a collaboration with the computer instead of just copying the computer. I will update the picture when the weather is more agreeable. 

Sun Earth Moon, (Deep AI inspired) watercolour 16 x 20" cold press, April 2023 (No. 3356b)

here is the deep AI image...




No comments:

Post a Comment