Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Biological Immortality


Some plants and animals are able to live forever by constantly regenerating like the bristlecone pine tree than regrows itself, and some types of jelly fish like Turritopsis dohrnii, which can revert to a larval state and then grow up again. Hence the term biological immortality that I learned about from reading BBC news. The painting was done freestyle using my imagination and inspirations of the moment. There are many creatures, plants, microbes and even a virus. Each section of the painting has its own colour scheme. I used the full range of paints available, and varied the tones and values throughout. When there is more sunlight and I get the chance I will update the photo which looks more grey than the original painting which  is hung up on the wall already.

Biological Immortality 22 x 30" cold press watercolour, December 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment