Saturday, May 29, 2021

Cote Ste Catherine Station, Orange Line Metro

 

Now that the curfew is over we can be out after 9:30PM without worrying about the cops. For my birthday Cilei got me a nice bike light but there was never an occasion to use it at night due to curfew. Today I headed out to paint for second time, just after 8:30PM sunset and made my way to Cote Ste-Catherine metro on a cool pleasant evening. The sun was down leaving the sky an inky night blue, the interior lighting from the station cast an amber glow onto the sidewalk. People kept asking me where the bus stop had moved, apparently some construction caused it to relocate, but I had no answer. Tonight I still wore the mask just in case.

Cote Ste Catherine Metro, Amber Glow, Orange Line 1, 5 x 7" cold press, watercolour, May 2021 (No. 2674a)

 

As the sky turned into a pool of indigo, I had more trouble seeing the colours and doing the brush work. Painting at night is more difficult than the day, you have to rely on instinct and luck to some extent. Inside the station you can see the top of the escalators that lead down to the platform. There were several light sources, coming from the interior of the station, cast from the unseen street lights to my left, reflecting blue light from the sky, and a window in the background had some fluorescent bulbs. In the foreground were delicate white flowers that seemed to be dancing under the night sky.

Cote Ste Catherine Metro, Orange Line, Windows, 2, 5 x 7" cold press, watercolour, May 2021 (No. 2673a)

No comments:

Post a Comment