Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Broken Line

 

Staying inspired can be a challenge for any creative endeavor. Around 2017 I made a rough inventory of all the paintings and felt less inspired to continue with certain styles such as doodleism. I hadn't painted much on location either so it felt like a bit of a dead end. However, experience told me that these times would pass and I kept on painting throughout 2017 and 2018. Rediscovering Van Gogh, discovering for the first time Hiroshige and Hokusai, and the viral pandemic caused a resurgence of my art hobby with well over a thousand recent paintings. In the midst of this burst of productivity I just want to enjoy it while it lasts! The recent set of paintings I made were the Jazz Fest night paintings, which left my palette in need of some cleansing. The broken line paintings has a broken line (representing fleeting inspiration?) winding through colourful, earthy shapes.

Broken Line, watercolour 9 x 12" watercolour paper, July2022 (No. 3049a)

No comments:

Post a Comment