Friday, October 9, 2026

Digital batch 5

Last batch of digital images, there are not even any left on my phone. Starting with a black background, I applied juicy neon brush strokes, followed by neon daubs. Most of the colours are realistic in that once could paint them, except for the bright lime green, its only possible with a digital app. 

Pop art pop, 2026 digital, Sketchbook, 800 x 1000

Surrealistic, almost fractal-like, this one evokes a dream like state. Complex fills, blends, and pattern applications adorn the scene. Finishing with a few bold black rhythm lines on the right side completed the effect. I felt that something had to cut through all the grey and purple tones. 

Celestial talon, 2026 digital, Sketchbook, 800 x 1000

My favorite trick, start with dark background then over-paint with thin neon lines. In this case, I layered two designs in a clever fashion. My initials are hidden bottom center in yellow.  

A maze on maze, 2026 digital, Sketchbook, 800 x 1000

Surprisingly dramatic, this one evokes the inside of a cellular structure, or pollinating flower bud. Pollen attracts bees, and we are studying the anti-cancer effects of bee venom in my research lab now. For the drawing, green neon highlights made the reds pop. 

Bee light, 2026 digital, Sketchbook, 800 x 1000

Evoking forest fires, which were fairly minimal this year, this drawing used a series of spray paint and pattern stamps, although the birds were freehand. Or freefinger I suppose. These are all done with the index finger. 

Summer glow, 2026 digital, Sketchbook, 800 x 1000 

Cilei and I took the train recently, which is when I made quite a few of these sketches. As you would know it, we saw the train gremlin again, at least, I saw it. Or did I?

Train gremlin reprise, 2026 digital, Sketchbook, 800 x 1000  

No comments:

Post a Comment