Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sherbrooke Station, Orange Line Metro

After my last trip to this station, I have been thinking about returning in the fall to capture the changing colours. There is a small park, well, some grass with a path and two benches, where I could set up my bike-studio and make this painting. The composition includes a warm yellow and orange carpet of fallen leaves in the foreground with some relatively cool middle ground and background elements. The bright blue sky plays off well against the leaves. Of course I used ferrari red (PR254) for the fire hydrant! To make the yellows and oranges, I put down a base of quinacridone violet (PV12) with benzi yellow lemon (PY175) or maybe it was PY154 they are very similar. Then I infused it with benzi yellow and pyrol orange (PO73). Those are all incredible paints, very bright. They were first introduced in the mid 20th century.

Sherbrooke Station, Orange Line Metro, Fall Leaves, watercolour 8 x 10" cold press, September 2021 (No. 2909)

No comments:

Post a Comment