Monday, September 6, 2021

Sunday Painting in Rain Storm


 

The city set up a colourful light display along Sherbrooke street surrounded by deck chairs for people to congregate. The installation rotates through about a dozen different neon-like colours including the magenta seen in the painting. Unfortunately for me it started to rain a little, then a lot! A full on rain storm had caught me way out on Sherbrooke while on foot. I managed to mostly finish the painting before heading to shelter across the street.

Magenta Display, Rain Storm watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2021 (No. 2813)

 


While sheltering under the front entrance of an apartment building (the one you see in the background of the first painting), cars were stopping and going through a nearby intersections. Their head lights were piercing through the downpour. To make matters worse, the strap on my shoulder bag broke off causing my art supplies to tumble on the ground. Gathering myself, and fixing the strap, I then embarked on this painting, done in the midst of a deluge. Although under a small overhang the rain drops were still pelting the painting, creating a splattered effect. I added the rain lines and small signature at home. The paper was slightly ripped, buckled, messy and wet! But in the end it looks cool on the blog.

Car Headlights in Rain Storm, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2021 (No. 2814)

No comments:

Post a Comment