Monday, June 27, 2022

Morning Commuter Train

 

After dropping off the rental car I walked back to NDG over the pedestrian bridge and saw this scene of a morning commuter train heading towards downtown. The train was moving towards me so you see the front of it and the headlights glowing in the morning. I used a medium sized round brush, maybe number 8, to do most of the painting. Luckily the paint dried despite the 90% humidity allowing for a fairly complex set of layers. To make the headlight effect I started with a yellow outline of the headlights and made the yellow diffuse into the surrounding. Then I painted over with the tracks and train. All the foliage was done with perylene black (PBk31), benzi yellow (PY154), and a bit of indo blue (PB60) in the background.

Morning Commuter Train, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, June 2022 (No. 3156a)

No comments:

Post a Comment