Monday, March 1, 2021

Chilly Day, Long walk

 

After my attempt at painting the Villa-Maria metro on the weekend, I was inspired to go for Snowdon Metro, which it the origin of the blue line, and part of the orange line too. People were a key part of this landscape, they are often seen crossing the street here when the bus stops. I almost painted the lights red, but with people crossing the street it had to be green! I was happy with the way the people turned out, after a lot of practice the figures are looking natural in the paintings. The rest of it was pretty straightforward for me by now, I used the new burnt umber (PBr7) in the brick it was the perfect colour.

 Snowdon Metro Orange/Blue Line 5 x 7.5" cold press, watercolour, March 2021 (No. 2574a)

 


 On the walk back I saw this cool scene, an arrangement of apartments and a shrubbery with a phone pole and car as accents. Unfortunately the temperature must have dropped 5 or 10 degrees since the start of my walk and my hands were only with thin gloves. As I sit typing this blog I realize the punishment of windchill! Next time I'll have my moose gloves with me. Anyways this painting isn't perfect or anything but I love the vibe it really says Somerled avenue NDG. I never cared for painting my immediate surroundings (Barbados is more alluring) but now and then I see a great local scene.

Somerled apartments and shrubbery 5 x 7.5" cold press, watercolour, March 2021 (No. 2575a)

No comments:

Post a Comment