Thursday, May 16, 2024

Mushrooms on Sherbrooke

 

On the way over to the laboratory I stopped to make a painting of a giant group of mushrooms growing next to the sidewalk on Sherbrooke street. To begin I outlined the mushrooms and the perspective lines with dark brown paint that I mixed with burnt umber and lamp black (PBr7 + PBk6). Next I filled in the initial washes on the mushrooms with shades of brown and lots of white showing. After blocking out the grass and doing the sidewalk and street I added more textural elements to the mushrooms. Meanwhile the sun was fully shining on my right neck and shoulder without any sun screen which was noticable as I painted. One dandelion was growing tall out of the mushroom bunch.

Mushrooms on Sherbrooke, watercolour 5 x 7" 80lb, May 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment