Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Kayaking lost brush

 

Up at the cottage I took the opportunity to go kayaking, although the craft seemed to be meant for children it was so small. You see my feet, complete with socks and sandals crammed into the front. I made the painting on location, looking at some wild flowers on shore and trying to keep the boat pointed in the right direction. Unfortunately I dropped a brush in the water and it immediately sank to the bottom. Things I learned, that brushes sink!

Me Kayaking, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August  2024

 

The orange and yellow thing is a paddle board, you stand up with a long paddle and go across the water. You see the kayak upside down in the foreground, and the wet dock with surrounding lake elements. There were quite a few paintings of this scene, in this one I zoomed in on the details and included the two water crafts for composition and colour.

Paddle board and kayak, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August  2024

 

Made when we arrived, I did this painting at a distance standing under the deck of the cottage. I could barely see the kayak from here, and in fact I may have been painting a composite of the two items that were there. You kind of get the rain feel here, literally the rain was falling on the painting as I did it, which creates a droplet effect.

Two dock chairs with kayak, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August  2024

No comments:

Post a Comment