Bus depot Bud tower, watercolour 8 x 10" cold press, August 2026
Some kind of giant funnel attached to a blue bin, on one of the many factory-warehouses. Its near where I painted the Van Gogh-inspired tree. It was the first painting of the day, there were a lot more to come.
Factory equipment blue bin, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026
I got a view of the brewery, this part was where trucks could pick up bottles and cans I assume, although it was very quiet there yesterday. Well, quiet except for the never-ending traffic, it was amazing how many cars there were in Lasalle. The iconic Labatt sign was changed to PJD26 using my artistic license.
Labatt sign, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026
Here is a view behind one of the massive brick-red factory complexes. Its the business end, where you see towering power lines feeding into the buildings and train tracks ready for cargo. I'm sure those buildings will be condos one day!
Power lines tracks factories, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026
Between the tracks and the factories there is a well grown stretch of wild plants including grasses and reeds. It makes for a mini-ecosystem with birds and insects. I contrasted the two elements with a natural bottom half, and industrial top half.
Power station plant growth, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026
Near the bus stop there was this row of empty truck trailers, lined up and opened to the air. Not sure if they were operational, perhaps when the brewery makes a big order they need more trailers.
Row of empty trucks, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026






No comments:
Post a Comment