Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Looking back: London Ontario a few more memories

I always liked this one, it shows a bunch of bee bomb flowers in the background with an ashtray in a clay pot in the foreground. The textures and shadowing are quite realistic. Its done around 2004 in London Ontario at the Graduate Club, a University of Western pub. 

Bee bombs ash tray, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, 

A complex scene of concrete structures, buildings, and an ornate lamp. I was on a kick of painting lamps for awhile. The sky is neat, it has the blue-cyan transition, probably using combinations of French ultramarine (PB29) and cerulean blue (PB35). 

Lamp concrete downtown, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, 

Just outside the building I lived in for about 5 years, Bayfield hall, this shows my favorite dumpster, a crab apple tree, and a large utility shed. The sun was almost down and I really caught a nice amber-tint on the scene. 

Dumpster and shed, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, 

One of the last times I set foot in the lab, as I was preparing to leave London Ontario for Montreal. I spent a lot of time here working away on experiments for a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology. Part of the hospital can be seen through the window. That cylinder on the ground is a liquid nitrogen storage tank. 

Lab bench, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press,  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment