Slate roof snow melt, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
A neat composition, with poppies in the foreground and the art building, new at the time, in the background. I did a series of paintings from this location from different angles, probably towards 2003 or 2004 the year I left London for Montreal.
Poppies art building, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
From a similar location, but back in the tree line, I caught this view looking at the rear of the art building and Middlesex college in the background. The University of Western campus was really well maintained. It looks like Spring time.
Forest art building Middlesex college, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
A more detailed view of the iconic clock tower, seen behind green trees, probably a summer painting.
Middlesex college overcast, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
And one of my favorite places to go, its the grad club... graduate club, not much of a club, rather a pub where students and professors hung out and drank beer on tap. A large tent with many long picnic tables on a large stone patio off the back off the Middlesex college building. Its here that I once bragged to my friends about painting at least 5,000 paintings, to which they reacted with disbelief. And rightly so, by my recent count I was probably only at around 500 paintings by then! Now its getting over 8000, but like 25 years later lol. I'll have to arrange a reunion just to give them a more accurate update, and maybe have a pint.
Grad club, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press





No comments:
Post a Comment