Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Summer scenes Lachine canal factory shadows

Getting down to the Lachine canal by bike, here is a scene I have done several times before, its the billboard next to a highway overpass. The canal is in the foreground at the bottom. A fleck of black paint landed in the sky so I turned it into a flock of birds. 

Billboard canal overpass, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

A horizontal composition of the canal and bike path (bottom left), with some long shadows from trees behind me. Across the canal, cars crawled along st Patrick street. 

Canal summer shadows, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

Usually I see these factories all closed up, but today I caught them still open briefly. You see the garage door open a little with mysterious stuff inside. The facade looked like an angry elephant! 

Canal factory open vertical, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026

I really thought this one was derelict judging by the amount of rust, but today it was humming and whirring, a giant cylinder was in operation doing something important. A van pulled out and they place closed up. 

Canal factory open horizontal, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, August 2026 

No comments:

Post a Comment