Sunday, August 2, 2026

Looking back: London Ontario couch, campus scenes

Here are a few more London Ontario scenes, from the year 2000 give or take. If I had to pick one my personal favorite paintings from that era, its this one, a couch and garbage bag out on the curb. With an amazing attention to detail, the textures are wonderful on the beat up old furniture and shiny garbage bags with yellow pull ties. A shrubbery, car and front porch can be seen in the background. 

Couch garbage bags on curb, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press,

Three of my favorite things to paint, construction vehicle, truck trailer, and a portable toilette! I was mixing cerulean blue into the shadows which gave a soft, pleasing tone. Unfortunately it was hard to control and could become heavy and mucky in many paintings. Its a good trick for grey or blue/green shadows. 

Construction trailer port-o-let, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press,

A campus scene from up on the hill, looking towards the music building. In the background you see spring time trees with lime green foliage appearing, and the London downtown skyline. I have a stack of the "A" paintings from London, I will scan through them and post from time to time so we can all take a trip down memory lane. 

Campus passageway spring, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press,


No comments:

Post a Comment