Saturday, September 26, 2026

A few more paintings by the old train yard

Name a worse place to ride your bicycle, near a glass factory! In the back area, I am standing near Marguerite Bourgeoys Park looking due west, you see a great pile of glass through a fence. It tinkles every now and then as the glass tumbles down. And so do I... I mean, there are only a few places with enough cover to go the bathroom on these rides. Too much information. But seriously, its about the third or fourth time at this location and so I've had practice painting the glass effect, studying the colours and textures. 

Glass factory vertical, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

Grandé Studios is part of the old train yard in point st. Charles, the buildings converted into entertainment buildings. Here, I am standing up on the berm that runs along the train tracks, looking east. The hill sides are covered in grass and wild flowers. 

Grassy hills studio, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

Similar location but looking at the prominent water tower that has the name of the studio, not my initials! 

Water tower studio, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

This interesting scene was done in Verdun, they built a skateboard/bike riding trail which undulates around in twisted oval patterns. I actually rode my clunky hybrid bike around the trail a bit and almost regretted it... the wheelbase is little long for the sharp rises, but there were no other people here so I finally gave it a shot. Wheee! Stopped and made a painting at the top. 

Riding trail, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment