Observatory, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
These smoke stacks were part of the campus power plant, the stadium field is seen in the foreground. This one was done some time before the winter if memory serves. It was one of my favorite paintings at the time.Smoke stacks stadium, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
I can tell the sun was going down from looking at the painting, judging by the amber glow, and yellow-orange tree tops. There was still snow on the ground. I was not shy about painting in the winter, some of my first location paintings ever were in the middle the cold winter of 1995. This one was probably around 2002.Middlesex college sundown winter, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
I seem to remember this being one of the last winters I spent there, it is more ambitious than some of the earlier paintings, even containing small figures. When I started location painting, I would select scenes that I knew I could paint. Over the years, I took more chances, challenges, and slowly learned new techniques from trial and error.Middlesex college birch tree, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press




No comments:
Post a Comment