Insistent tree sign pole, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026
Similar spot, looking due south towards the underpass, you see traffic going to and from the Decarie highway. Cutting across is Maisonneuve in the background, and the used bike shop is in the upper right corner.
Girouard underpass pylons, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026
Closer to the corner with Maisonneuve, looking due east, here is a view of the Legion building, which has caramel-brown bricks and red and green facade elements. The windows have iron gratings over top.Legion building side, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026
This painting called for a close-up of a red tow truck but it did not turn out quite right. It didn't help that the mechanic came out and drove the vehicle off while I was painting.Red tow truck study, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026
To trouble-shoot I did another one of a black tow truck which looked cool, but in the painting it looks like a toy truck! I will practice these car profiles some more, it rarely goes well for me due to shoddy drawing skills. You may wonder how a painter can be such a lousy illustrator, and I often wonder the same thing!Black tow truck study, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026





No comments:
Post a Comment