Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Scenes around elevated train downtown

Last year around this time I made a neat painting downtown near the elevated train along Robert Bourassa boulevard, called downtown rush hour. Today after work I headed down to the location by bike, and found a large empty parking lot to stand and paint this scene of a large tree and some remaining sunlight. 

Large tree near elevated train, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

On the other side, looking due south I got another good place to stand, in a triangular shaped gravel field. Plants and grasses were struggling up through the gravel. In the background there is an old A-frame brick warehouse, and behind that, a new condo with a colourful facade. 

Triangle gravel field near elevated train, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026


And a scene looking up at the elevated bridge and passing train.  There are more paintings from today, but I will save the rest to post later. With cloud and rain in the forecast there might be less opportunity to do location paintings this week. 

Elevated train bridge, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026




No comments:

Post a Comment