Weary from teaching pharmacology for two and half hours, I could image how the students felt, I got out as far as coffee park and set up on the corner with Elmhurst. The sun was setting and I caught it on the horizon, hiding behind the tops of some trees up on Sherbrooke street. Adding cars like this was a challenge, they were reflecting the sunset colours, shimmering in the day's last light.
Sunset (colours) on Elmhurst, watercolour 6 x 7.5" cold press, September 2026
Looking the other way, due south, the commuter train stopped and the barrier made loud clanging noises with bright red flashing lights. the train was only there a few moments so I had to paint it mostly by memory. Its one of the new exo trains that goes out to Vaudreuil-Dorion. although this one was heading to downtown Montreal.Red lights commuter train, watercolour 6 x 7.5" cold press, September 2026


No comments:
Post a Comment