Sunday, September 27, 2026

Downtown east Montreal, graffiti corner, awning, China town

This scene is looking due west along Rue de Boisbriand, towards the graffiti corner. large trucks tend to park here all the time, and groups of tourists came by with a guide. Its a sort of rough and tumble part of the city, but has plenty of character. This is the first painting I have done with my new reading glasses which I brought out on location yesterday. It was neat to see what I was doing clearly again. 

Truck graffiti corner, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

On this corner, st Catherine east and Av. de l'Hôtel-de-Ville, there is an old hat maker building that still has its original signage, although now it seems to be a hotel, or maybe its closed for business not sure. With the glasses, I decided to tackle this scene which has more detail than I would usually try to tackle. I am starting to realize why my London Ontario paintings were so detailed... my eyesight was 20/20 back then!

Henri hat maker awning, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026

And a scene down in China town, looking due west, featuring the olive-green trees and orange-red flags. Plenty of people were here, tourists, locals, local-tourists, and one fellow walked through the crowd completely naked causing much ado, although he seemed to be in distress. There is a very large shelter nearby for un-housed people. 

China town flags street, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press, September 2026 

No comments:

Post a Comment