Saturday, July 25, 2026

Big sun Montréal summer

Finally we had a decent Montréal summer's day, close to 30℃ and a blue sky most of the morning. Here, I am looking up at the condos and sun, standing on Stanley street downtown. I painted the sun with big yellow, orange, magenta and blue rings, then filled in some buildings on an upwards -looking persepective. 

Big sun Montréal summer, watercolour 8 x 11" cold press, July 2026

Getting back to Dorchester square, here is another painting of the white umbrella-parasol with green furniture, and brilliant red geraniums around the monument. I changed the monument panel to my initials and self-portrait. The geraniums were a little less intense this time, some had dried and turned a neat dark red shade. The earlier painting is here

Parasol green chairs red geraniums, watercolour 8 x 11" cold press, July 2026

 

Finding some new subject material on st Patrick street, here is an auto shop with a sign L'Artiste (The Artist). There was what appeared to be a Bat-mobile car in progress sitting out front. 

Auto Shop L'Artiste, watercolour 8 x 11" cold press, July 2026

 

No comments:

Post a Comment