Clock tower downtown, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
This was definitely London Ontario, it was done at the hockey arena which was new at the time. These concrete spheres painted red adorned the sidewalk area, with a birch tree in a concrete planter.Decorative spheres, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
This was one of the earlier paintings, probably 1997 while I was still doing the undergraduate degree in Chemistry/biochemistry. The gull looked expectantly in my direction, as they tend to do. The lettering was tough to do, the white font is the paper showing through, so you have to try and paint around the letters.
Western Mustangs field with gull, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press
In the background is the UWO campus community center, with a tree and snow in the foreground. Done on location in winter obviously, I was winder painting outdoors since the beginning of my location painting in 1995. This one looks to be around the year 2000.
Winter tree campus community center, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press (300lbs)
A later piece, 2004 I believe, it shows Masonville mall parking lot with a movie theater in the background. An exceptionally difficult scene, and it seemed to be overcast which would have made it even tougher to accomplish. I've often wanted to do a similar scene in Montreal but can't seem to find a large over-filled parking lot like you have in most of London Ontario.
Masonville mall parking lot, watercolour 5 x 7" cold press





No comments:
Post a Comment