Saturday, July 18, 2026

Catalogue update, rainy day

 

With rain on the forecast I stayed home today and updated the catalogue, that is a spreadsheet with each painting named and listed since the start in 1989. So far in 2026, I am up to 568 paintings, on par with last year although I can paint a lot in summer time. The blog itself has more because of the digital art and the 'looking back' entries where I review old paintings from the archive. Oh, and I rip up a few of the bad ones every now and then which makes me feel good, and toss the bits into my hungry composter! In this painting, I tried to do the canal on a rainy day... there is a storm drain that comes out into the canal, you kind of see it at the center. From what I can discern, this storm drain is where a river used to run before they drained and piped everything up when building the Lachine Canal. So that little drain is what remains of the last river on the island of Montreal. 

I thought this painting was a disaster when I did it back in April, since I had to abandon the location, but now that I look at it, very cool. Glad I didn't rip it up. 

Rainy day Lachine canal, watercolour 6 x 7.5" cold press, April 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment