Sunday, July 19, 2026

Flower field Rue de la Montagne

I got out early today and did quite a few paintings, not sure how many, here is one from Rue de la Montagne (Mountain street), with the Bell Center hockey arena in the upper right background. I was at this small patch of land in the winter and it was a frozen tundra of course, so here its surprising to see how vibrant the place had become. Yellow, magenta, violet, bluish, white and orange flowers were growing in lush bright green grass. The purple-grey wall to the right, with my initials on it, that overlooks a highway exit ramp from underground. The late graffiti writer SCAN wrote there once, but the city paints it grey now. It was a great morning for painting, sunny and cool. I will scan and post the rest of the paintings when we get back from our friend Didi's child's birthday party this afternoon. 

Flower field Rue de la Montagne, watercolour 8 x 10" cold press, July 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment